Find in this post some information I got out of a presentation on systems power 2009 in Mannheim
It was recommended by the presentator that TSM 6 should only be used since v6.1.2 from his own experience.
– archive logs will be twice the size from TSM5 server environment
- generally, migration of diskpools should only be done when there are no write-operations on the diskpool -> best performance
- files less than 2-3 GB are not streamable and should therefore be placed on a diskpool instead of writing directly to tape
- TSM seems to develop away from diskpools types in the direction of file devclass pools
- lan-free to disk is a “no-go” for the author of the presentation. Instead use GPFS (no clue why to be honest)
- dedup results in massive cpu/memory usage
- encrypt OR compress to LTO drives -> do not do both !